I find myself getting really frustrated lately - I actually have a lot of ideas rolling around for cards and whatnot - and some of them really GOOD ideas (in my opinion of course) - but NO TIME to execute them!
I colored several Bella images last week (at least I think it was last week - might have been longer) - all to match some of the new patterned paper and whatnot I purchased recently.
But to find the time to actually MAKE something out of the colored images - now that's the kicker.
I had a lag today between appointments at my salon - so I actually ran home and made this card LOL! I even had time to take and edit pictures - then saved them on my laptop and ran back to work for the next appointment (one of the perks of living in a small town - I live less than 5 minutes away and if someone did need to get a hold of me they could).
Now I've got a few minutes before my last client arrives for the day so I'm typing this up for y'all. **And now it's actually AFTER work as I was having issues with this post and my client arrived before I could finish it! So I may as well finish it before I head home!!**
I of course had to go with an animal theme so I went through all my Bella stamps and stamped out all the images that had either dogs or cats in them, and then colored them with Copics to match the images.
And here's the first card:
I LOVE this Woofin' It Up image from Stamping Bella - I've had it for years now. (ETA - yes it is still available! I was reading the comments and a few wondered - if you click on the hyper-link it will take you right to the stamp - it took me some searching - SB has SO many stamps now! plus all the other stuff - but I found it and linked it)
I stamped woofin' it up onto CCD lightweight Copic Quality cardstock (Memento ink) and colored it in with my Copics.
I used my Spellbinders Label 11 dies to cut the image out (I got this label set MONTHS ago and am not even sure if I've ever used them before?? I really like them tho! Great size for A2 cards....) and actually kept the die in place and SPONGED some Colorbox Chalk ink (bisque) onto the image. I haven't sponged anything in forever!! I don't know why I felt like doing it today - and I was terrified I was going to ruin the whole thing b/c #1 - obviously I haven't been stamping much at all lately and therefore things don't tend to go as well as they usually do and #2 like I said it's been forever since I've sponged anything - and once you start you can't really stop.
Thankfully chalk inks are pretty forgiving and I was able to soften a lot of the streaks and whatnot LOL!!
I pulled out some red grosgrain ribbon (which didn't technically match as the red in the Max & Whiskers collection is much more orangey - but I fudged and used it anyway) and after a bunch of fiddling got it all folded over like you can see:
I also used a bit of the BG Max & Whiskers Ribbon Doilies - I only let about 1/2 of it peek out from the middle strip there - love the look of that too.
I didn't use any sentiments - I wanted to but I couldn't decide on a specific one and since I was pretty pressed for time I just left it as-is. That way the card can be for any occasion ;o)
Now I need to pack this up and head home! 'night everyone!!